Welcome to Renovate Church
Who We Are
The mission of Renovate Church is to see people meaningfully connecting to God and one another, growing
in their relationship with Jesus Christ, and then impacting the community and the world.
To establish a transforming movement of God in and through the people of Austin that impacts the world for Jesus Christ.
We will keep the main thing the main thing! We are people who recognize that the gospel is the most important news anyone could ever receive, and therefore, we give it top priority in our lives.
- “For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. ” – 1Cor 15:3-4
- “For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.” – 1Tim 2:5-6
We will work to make the gospel message understandable to those around us! We will not be more committed to our personal preferences, styles, and traditions than in effectively reaching people. We are committed to taking the unchanging truths of the Bible and making them understandable to the changing world. In other words, we will be Biblically faithful and culturally relevant.
- Titus 2:10, "so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.”
- Colossians 4:5-6, "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."
We will prioritize relationships because relationships really matter! We are imperfect people who are committed to walking together in authentic community because relationships matter and growth happens best in the midst of community.
- Galatians 6:2, "Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”
- Romans 12:10, "Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
- John 13:34-35, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
We will represent Christ well to the world around us! We are people who believe integrity matters, and therefore, we are committed to living lives of transparency and accountability.
II Corinthians 8:21, " For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of man.”
- I Peter 2:12, “ Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.”
We will always look for ways to contribute rather than just consume! We are people who care deeply about our community and the world and believe that service is the natural response to God’s grace and Jesus’ example.
- Mark 10:45, "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- Philippians 2:3-4, “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."
We represent God best when everyone is contributing! We are diverse people who recognize that God’s family is made up of people from every generation, nationality, ethnicity, background, and socioeconomic class. We also recognize that God has given every person unique gifts, callings, and relationships and it is our job to develop them for His glory.
- Ephesians 3:10, " His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms.”
- Revelation 7:9, "After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb.”
We will invest into others everything God has invested into us! We are people who believe in the power of multiplication, and therefore, are committed to multiplying disciples, leaders, and churches so that every man, woman, and child has a meaningful opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel.
- Acts 9:31, "So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria had peace and was being built up. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it multiplied.”
II Timothy 2:2, "The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also."
- We are ordinary people who have a hunger to connect to an extraordinary God.
- We are people who don’t just want to GO to church…we want to BE the church.
- We are people who recognize that the gospel is “good news” and is relevant to our lives and those around us. Therefore, we give it a priority in our lives.
- We are imperfect people who are committed to walking together in a genuine community because relationships matter and growth happens best in the midst of community.
- We are people who desire to continually grow as followers of Jesus so we intentionally put ourselves in environments where we can grow.
- We are diverse people who recognize that God’s kingdom is made up of people from every generation, nationality, ethnicity, background, gender, socioeconomic class, and stage of life.
- We are people who care deeply about our community and the world and believe that service is the natural response to God’s grace and is the example that Jesus set.
- We are people who recognize that God has given each of us unique gifts, callings, and relationships and it is our job to develop them for his glory.
- We are people who believe integrity matters, and therefore, are committed to living lives of transparency and accountability.
- We are people who believe in the power of multiplication, and therefore, are committed to multiplying disciples, leaders, and churches so that every man, woman, and child has a meaningful opportunity to hear and respond to the gospel.