Catching up with the Jamerson’s
These last few weeks have been really exciting for our family as we’ve gotten settled into our new home and more involved in the community. Here are some of the exciting things taking place:
- Our oldest son Bret, 21, had a great opportunity to work the Rooster Teeth Convention a few weeks ago. RTX is an annual gaming and internet convention held in downtown Austin. This year’s gathering attracted over 45,000 people. Thank you to our friend’s Allen and Rachel Barnwell who set it up for Bret to get this experience!
- Trey, our 13 year old son, also had the opportunity to attend the convention and had a blast. He’s been enjoying going with me to Gold’s Gym to play basketball a couple times a week and swimming at the cool spots around the city like Zilker Park. He starts his eighth grade year tomorrow at Stiles Middle School.
- We think we found a dance center for Mia, our 11 year old daughter, to participate in. She’s been taking classes the last few weeks and absolutely loving getting back on the floor. She has found some great friends down here in Austin and also starts school tomorrow at Stiles Middle School (6th grade).
- April and I just returned from the Stadia Church Planting Assessment Center in Kansas City. We loved the experience, met some incredible people, and learned some things that will help us launch and pastor a church more effectively. Thank you to Stadia for allowing us to come and for Aaron Brockett for taking the time out of his busy schedule to go with us!
- It has been really cool to see God opening doors for us. Here is one cool story. Last week Trey and I were shooting some baskets at Gold’s Gym. One of the workers came in and was watching me shoot and after I finished we struck up a conversation. He shared that he was a former high school basketball coach in the area and asked why my family had moved back to Austin. I shared that I was planting a church and he immediately got a shocked look on his face. He went on to tell me that he had just become a Christian a few years ago. He then went to his car to give me a devotional book he had written. He has already introduced us to many people at the gym who we are building relationships with.
We are so appreciative of how you are standing with us and supporting us in this vision. Thank you!
Dave and April